Re: [d-i] Hard drive not detected (4GB) on IBM Thinkpad 560X

On Monday 28 June 2004 17:28, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm stuck trying to network-install Debian Woody (in order to install
> 'Unstable') on an IBM Thinkpad 560X.
>
> I'm using the 'boot', 'root' and 'net-drivers' floppies found here on
> saturday 2004/6/26:
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/imag
>es/floppy/
>
> partman says something like "here are the partitions on your hard drive"
> but there is nothing! but the menu asking me what I want to do next...
>
> It seems the hard drive (4GB, C,H,S: 993,128,63) is not detected. I also
> tried "linux hd=993,128,63" when booting with the Sarge installation
> disks, but the result is the same.
>
> Hard disk detection would work fine on this machine with the Woody
> installer, but my PCMCIA ethernet card is not recognized, so I intended to
> use the future Sarge installer (that sees my network card fine)...
More details:

The card is a Mentor PCMLAN-100DL. The Sarge installer sees it using module
8139too. Maybe I could have this module loaded during the Woody installation
using floppies? (and then upgrade the distribution), but I don't know how to
do that.

Cheers,
Sylvain.

--
wxWidgets config: WX 2.4.2 / GTK 2 / gcc 3.3.3

La internacia lingvo: http://uea.org/index.html