[d-i] Hard drive not detected (4GB) on IBM Thinkpad 560X

Hello,

I'm stuck trying to network-install Debian Woody (in order to install
'Unstable') on an IBM Thinkpad 560X.

I'm using the 'boot', 'root' and 'net-drivers' floppies found here on saturday
2004/6/26:
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/images/floppy/

partman says something like "here are the partitions on your hard drive" but
there is nothing! but the menu asking me what I want to do next...

It seems the hard drive (4GB, C,H,S: 993,128,63) is not detected. I also tried
"linux hd=993,128,63" when booting with the Sarge installation
disks, but the result is the same.

Hard disk detection would work fine on this machine with the Woody installer,
but my PCMCIA ethernet card is not recognized, so I intended to use the
future Sarge installer (that sees my network card fine)...

I hope someone here could propose me something clever to try out.
Thanks in advance!

Sylvain.

--
wxWidgets config: WX 2.4.2 / GTK 2 / gcc 3.3.3

La internacia lingvo: http://uea.org/index.html