Re: Gnome workspace switcher still won't hold it's state between after a logout

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 07:00:07PM -0500, Henry Hollenberg wrote:
> Hey Antonio,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure I follow you.  I think I have been
> using the sawfish
> window manager.  Are you saying I should remove it and install the metacity
> WM?
>
> I'm a bit nervous about deleting configuration files/directories unless I'm
> sure which
> ones.  Which ones are the old ones that are OK to get rid them.
>
> Sorry about the delay in reponse....had a disk die in my email server...had
> wait on the FedEx truck!

info update-alternatives for information. After you feel confortable,
you can su to root, or sudo, then

update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

Pick metacity then. Notice that you can always come back to sawfish
Another thing, kill X after the change (control+alt+backspace) and
login back
Good luck.