Re: How hard would this be?(Learning LaTex)

> The basic document types are dead easy to work with.  If, like me, you
> find their graphic layouts dead-ugly too, then you have to set up your
> own templates.  This takes a bit more familiarity, so I recommend
> starting with the standard classes and putting up with the layouts that
> come out until you feel confident to mess with them.

As an alternative to waiting for the confidence to mess with the
standard classes, you could try the koma-script classes, which have
a nicer layout, or the memoir class, which is very flexible and easy
to work with to get the layout you want.

--
Jim Ottaway