Re: $PATH and /etc/profile

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:23:56 -0600
bob@proulx.com (Bob Proulx) wrote:

> Here is the process flow using KDM.
>
>   init spawns kdm
>     kdm spawns bash --login ~/.xsession

I think we're on the same page here Bob but I want to point out that
running /usr/bin/bash --login is specific to bash. Another method that
uses the user's default shell is to change:

 /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99xfree86-common_start

to read:

  exec -l $SHELL -c "$STARTUP"

Also, you may or may not have noticed ~/.xsession is not executed
unless the user selects "Default System Session". Otherwise I believe
the xsession.d scripts bail out before reachine that step.

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.