Re: ACPI and VIA C3

Hallo!

I already tried the epia1 patch for the 2.6.6 kernel, I even tried the acpi patch (acpi.sourceforge.net) for the 2.6.7 kernel, without getting the new kernel recognize the processor to have also a C2 state (saves about 25% power when idle) ...

What processor do You have (cat /proc/cpuinfo) and what does ACPI say (modprobe processor; cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power)? Maybe something went wrong during the patching or I made something wrong in configuring the kernel?

Saluti!

Ludwig

Matthijs wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 19:40:10 +0200, Ludwig Meyerhoff <ludwig@antar.de>