ACPI and VIA C3

Hallo!

I have a VIA C3 (Ezra) processor. It is very nice for "normal" applications, as it takes only a few watt.

I have a problem with the ACPI support of the kernel ...
While 2.4.20 recognizes the processor to support C1 and C2 states, the 2.4.26 does not, as the 2.6.6 does not also.

AFAIK the ACPI support has been rewritten for the 2.6 kernel and backported to 2.4 in 2.4.23 or something ...

Now: does anyone know how I can achieve full ACPI support for my processor in a more recent kernel than 2.4.20? In special I would like to use frequency scaling/throttling, as most of the time my small computer does nothing.

Saluti!

Ludwig