Re: [OT] yahoo protocol switching

on Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:38:22PM +0200, Luis Fernando Llana Díaz insinuated:
> El Jueves, 24 de Junio de 2004 19:48, Nori Heikkinen escribió:
> > hey all,
> >
> > noticed today that yahoo has again switched protocols, making it
> > impossible to connect from gaim.  the quick fix suggested on /.
> > [1] -- switching to scs.yahoo.com from scs.msg.yahoo.com --
> > doesn't work for me, as pointed out in the threads below, as i'm
> > running Gaim, not trillian.
> >
> It is possible with gaim 0.79

yeah, released TODAY (go gaim!) -- and that's the version i finally
got complied this afternoon -- woohoo!

for the record, i did this by getting the source from the gaim website
for gaim 0.79, then getting all the dependencies for gaim 0.77 via
apt:

apt-get build-dep gaim=1:0.77-1

that gave me everything i needed to then do a
configure-make-makeinstall from the gaim 0.79 source.

yippee!

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++