Re: higher performance in knoppix

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 03:19:08PM -0400, Nathan wrote:
> Recently I was playing around with Knoppix 3.4, and I decided to check
> out glxgears performance. After loading the nVidia driver, I got
> 1500-1700 frames per second. The interesting thing is that on the same
> exact computer, with Debian unstable running, I only get around 800.
>
> I've looked at the XFree configs, and they're effectively the same. Does
> anyone have any idea what would cause an approximately 100% increase in
> performance?

No, but my Ati Radeon Mobility 9000 shows the same behaviour. I have not
checked anything different from glxgears, though, so I don't know if the
driver really _is_ faster, or that simply glxgears is misreporting or
different, or...

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!