Re: [OT] yahoo protocol switching

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 02:04:10PM -0400, S.D.A. wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 01:21:41PM -0400 or thereabouts, Derrick
> 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 01:37:59PM -0500, Kirk Strauser wrote:
>
> > | Set up a Jabber server
> >
> > This is the easy part.
> >
> > | and start migrating your friends to it.
> >
> > This can be nearly impossible to do.
> >
> > (this is from someone who has had a jabber server running for ~2
> > years or so, but everyone I have regular (personal, not remote)
> > contact with uses AIM if they use any IM at all)
>
> I think it's partially the feature set as well. I know with MSN and
> Yahoo that one can use VoIP, WebCams etc., can one do so with Jabber?

I'm not completely sure of the specifics, but I know there was an
article recently about myJabber adding SIP support.

--
Jamin W. Collins

It has always been Debian's philosophy in the past to stick to what
makes sense, regardless of what crack the rest of the universe is
smoking.  -- Andrew Suffield