Re: Aliases to file

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 10:04:18AM -0500, Mark Gillingham wrote:
| I want to set up a Postfix aliases entry to make it convenient for users
| of another MTA (GroupWise) to send spam and ham for later entry to the
| Bayes database via sa-learn. I have a Postfix server available and I've
| made an entry to /etc/aliases (spam:  /var/spool/mail/spam/). When
| Postfix attempts to save a mail file, I get the following error:
|
| Jun 25 09:23:24 web2 postfix/local[12651]: 103814BE9D:
| to=<spam@my.domain>, relay=local, delay=0, status=bounced (maildir
| delivery failed: create
| /var/spool/mail/spam/tmp/1088173404.12651_0.web2: Permission denied)

| Perhaps I need to use mbox format rather than trying to use maildir?
| Ideas? tia

You need to make the mailbox (regardless of format) writeable by the
user that postfix executes delivery as.  I recommend using maildir
over mbox, but that has nothing to do with your permissions issue.

From local(8) :

    DELIVERY RIGHTS
       Deliveries  to  external  files and external commands are made with the
       rights of the receiving user on whose behalf the delivery is made.   In
       the  absence  of a user context, the local daemon uses the owner rights
       of the :include: file or alias database.  When those files are owned by
       the  superuser,	delivery  is  made  with the rights specified with the
       default_privs configuration parameter.

-D

--
Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved
person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.