aptitude and backports with the same name as unstable packages

Hi,

1) I have a woody box where i installed some backports of X and other
programs.
When i started aptitude, it gave me a lot of broken packages because it
wanted to upgrade the X packages from unstable ( i have unstable sources
in my package list too) and marked the packages as broken. Anyway, i got
that to go away by putting the x packages on hold.
I'm not sure if this is a good sollution in the long run but it seems so
for the moment.

2) The version of checkinstall and installwatch from backports.org don't
contain a string in the version name so their version is the same as the
version from unstable. When going to the package discription i can only
see for instance for checkinstall
p 1.5.3-3
p 1.5.3-1
So i can't distinguish between the unstable and the backports version.
Is there anyway i can view the location or to install from a particular
location?

Thanks,
Benedict