Re: Is there any idea to disable <Ctrl_Alt_Backspace>?

Joost De Cock <joost.decock@astrid.be> writes:

> On Friday 25 June 2004 08:48, Alexis Huxley hurled the following on the wire:
>> Yes, comment out the 'ca' entry in /etc/inittab and get init
>> to reload the config file with the command 'telinit q'.
>>
>> You need to be root to do both.
>
> I've got this in my /etc/inittab:
>
> # Trap CTRL-ALT-DELETE
> ca::ctrlaltdel:/usr/bin/clear & /usr/bin/wall < /root/ctrlaltdel

Why do you put /usr/bin/clear in the background and therefore execute it
concurrently with /usr/bin/wall?

> /root/ctrlaltdel looks like:
>
> [root@sirius sds]# cat /root/ctrlaltdel
> Aiai - The three finger salute
>
> [...]
> Honestly, I'm a bit pissed of

So would I be, if all non-root users could send text to all my
(pseudo) terminals, even those in "mesg n" mode. :-)

Martin

--
   ,--.    Martin Dickopp, Dresden, Germany                 ,= ,-_-. =.
  / ,- )   http://www.zero-based.org/                      ((_/)o o(\_))