Re: Wierd Question

Definately.  Here in Berkeley, the UC leans in the BSD
direction, as I'm sure you can imagine (this is not
true of every UC.  I hear that Davis uses a lot of
Solaris and Linux machines).  I know from friends that
the City College in San Francisco also uses *nix...my
impression from talking to various people around the
Bay Area is that every educational institute here uses
*nix pretty heavily.
Not my high school, though.  Luckily, the computers
all let you boot from the CDROM, so the Knoppix disc I
carry in my backpack comes in handy.

 Daniel