Re: Help !, Cant close X in Debian

Ralph Katz wrote:
On 06/23/04 20:37, Jed wrote:
I need to close X to install the Nvidia driver.
when I log out or hit ctrl+alt+bksp the system just restarts
X.

I feel like a moron for asking but I have recently ditched slackware
and am new to Debian.

Thanks !!!!
you said that you need to close X to install NVidia driver, so I assume you want to install the driver which come from nvidia
not a debian package. then change your default run level to  3, reboot, crtl + alt + bksp. then install it.
if  you're using kernel  <= 2.4, there's a debian package already, so you just do apt-get.

cheers,

-me-