Re: thunderbird 0.6 crashes when defining signature

On 06/24/04 13:59, Philippe Michel wrote:
Hello,

I am very sorry if the content is on the wrong place. I did not find
some precise report about my problem, and I am not sure where I have to
post it to be effectif. So I will try it here. If a better place is
known, then let me know.

I have a fresh woody installation (kernel 2.2.22), and installed
mozilla-thunderbird 0.5xx (backports) for several weeks now. It ran
perfectly.

For some weeks, thunderbird 0.6 has been installed during apt-get
upgrade. It runs too, but I noticed that my mail signature has been
removed. As soon as I redefine the file which contains the signature,
thunderbird crash when I try to compose a new message.

I don't know if this may have an issue. If some more information is
needed, please let me know. If I have to post this message somewhere
else, let me know too.

Any suggestions ?

best regards,
Philippe

Philippe,

I'm replying to your linux.debian.user newsgroup post. But I'm emailing this to the mail list, debian-user@lists.debian.org . More readers will see it on the mail list. The newsgroup is only a one-way gateway from the mail list. This should be the right place.

I'm happily using thunderbird 0.6 on sid and without a sig file, so I can't help directly with an answer. Other readers will respond from the mail list.

Good luck!