Re: Gnome 2.6 volume control applet not seeing audio channels?

%% Sridhar Srinivasan <sridhars@nc.rr.com> writes:

  ss> I had the same problem. Check out bug #250393 at
  ss> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=250393

  ss> The solution is to install one of gstreamer-alsa, gstreamer-oss or
  ss> gstreamer-esd.

Actually I had all those installed; but those are the 0.6 versions.

What you need is to install gstreamer0.8-alsa, gstreamer0.8-oss, or
gstreamer0.8-esd.

I actually installed the metapackage gstreamer0.8-plugins which
installed all of those and a whole boatload more (but hey, plugins are
small :)).

Now it works like a champ!  Thanks Sridhar!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools