Re: fetchmail

On (24/06/04 21:35), Bert Colemont wrote:
> Does anyone has a how-to about how to setup a system that cathes your mail
> with your provider, scans it for virusses and spam, and then placeses in a
> POP3 queue?
Hi Bert

I'm not sure what you're asking but mailfilter can be called from
fetchmail and it scans the mail according to rules setup within
.mailfilterrc.  You can set mail to be kept on the server in
.fetchmailrc.

Try man mailfilter and man .fetchmailrc

It has been quite effective in blocking spam/viruses for me since last
year when there was a spate of MS spam emails.

YMMV

Clive

--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk