Re: Trick to burning a bootable Debian CD?

As far as I am aware, the fact that you can see the directory structure
tells me that you've burned the CD as a bootable image. When I accidentally
burned a non-bootable image, all I could see was one big .iso file. I wasn't
using Roxio, but Nero 6. You can get free versions off the web, but they may
expire after a time. Personally, I find it a nightmare to use when trying to
burn bootables. As you seem to have found with Roxio, it's too easy to do it
the wrong way.

If you do decide to use it, I think the following sequence worked-
Open Nero burning rom and from the 'new compilation' wizard, select 'CD-ROM
(Boot)'
On the 'boot' tab, select 'Image file' and browse for your .iso
In the 'files of type:' section of the browser, select 'all files' to allow
you to find the .iso image.

Also, I used a CD-RW on an XP box and it worked, at least disk 1 of Sarge
did, I'm having trouble with disk 2, but I think that's for different
reasons.

Lastly, when burning the CD, burn it at a slow speed. I'd recommend x8 or
lower.

Failing that, all I can suggest is trying a different CD-RW.

Rich.