Re: Fwd: Re: Going wireless

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 03:20:17PM -0600, Marvin Gerardo Aguero Salazar wrote:
> Hi guys, I've been trying to install my wireless card to no avail.
>
> I have followed the suggestion by David, but still cannot make it work.
>
>    iwlist wlan0 scan
>
> returns
>
>   wlan0   No scan results
>

> Can anyone of you please give me a hand on this?

That's strange. It looks like you have no working access points in the
area.

First, do you have a working setup a) with another system b) with
windows?

Is your access point broadcasting it's ESSID? Do you have a WEP key?
What kind of access point? Can you post some info?

Does it work if you plainly ignore the iwlist scan results and try to
configure your card with iwconfig?

You're close!

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!