Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question

Michael Satterwhite wrote:

On Monday 21 June 2004 12:03, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
If you're trying to
avoid any downtime or difficulty whatsoever, run stable and live with
the age of the packages.

Not exactly promoting Debian, are we? Especially in a Linux world where there are so MANY choices.

Others here, however, are doing a much better job.
I'm not sure where Monique went wrong. I'd have to agree with her assessment. Others in the thread have already praised the usability of unstable; Monique is just reiterating that if he really wants stable, he'll need to stick with stable and the older packages there. It might have sounded a bit short, but from my past experience with her, I don't think that was intended; it's just the nature of email.

--
Kent