Re: StartX fails

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 11:30:08AM -0600, Brad Nelson wrote:
> When I run StartX from my user account it looks like it is starting up, the
> screen goes blank, then I get an error "Fatal server error: no screens
> found". I thought this was due to not having the proper video driver
> initially but have fixed that problem and still get the error.
>
> Any ideas?

This is one of the most common questions on debian-user. If you search
the archives at http://lists.debian.org/search.html for `no screens
found' you get some results.

We need your /var/log/XFree86.0.log and possibly your
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 for a start. Please mention your video hardware.
`lspci' might help there.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!