Re: firewire, iPod and Linux

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:26:13 -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin
<emmajane@xtrinsic.com> wrote:
>>    Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
>
> (and then nothing)
> My laptop appears to think it's an empty iPod. I guess that means it's
> HFS? Unfortunately I do not have a Windows machine with firewire that I
> can try it with (and I am not willing to install Windows on my laptop). I
> do have HFS support enabled in the kernel, I guess I'll try updating the
> automount scripts to try reading the device as HFS?
You still can convert it into FAT32 in linux.  The tricky thing is how
you are going to put the firmware into sda1.  I remember there's a
discussion before on slashdot about how to get the firmware from the
new iPod updates.  Other than that, it's quite straight forward.