firewire, iPod and Linux

Hi everyone,

I just won an iPod (yay!) and I'm trying to get it to mount with the
2.6.6 kernel. I've recompiled to get firewire working and the device is
recognized when it's plugged in; however, I can't get the device to mount.

I followed the instructions according to the 2.6.6 kernel in:
	http://gtkpod.sourceforge.net/README

lrwxr-xr-x    1 emmajane root           26 Jun 20 00:27 ipod -> /var/autofs/removable/ipod
smeagol:/mnt 12:52:47 $ mount /mnt/ipod
mount: mount point /mnt/ipod is a symbolic link to nowhere

The /var/log/syslog file shows I'm connected:
	Jun 20 12:48:59 smeagol kernel:   Vendor: Apple     Model: iPod Rev: 1.50

I'm not really sure where to go from here though.

Suggestions would be really appreciated!

thanks,
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin