RE: "sarge" install: "Install base system" bombs and disk errors (?)

Allen,

Having just installed sarge on my laptop I think I may be able to help.
I initially attempted to install sarge from a cd I burned using jigdo.
This failed repeatedly...I kept getting corrupted media messages part
way through the installation, though it would boot nicely.  So, I went
to a net-install version of sarge
(http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/) and downloaded the
files using jigdo on WindowsXP box, burned it as a CD (.iso) image, and
booted fron it just fine.  On my laptop i typed at the boot prompt
	expert vga=771
and everything installed fine. I chose unstable and things still worked
fine. I would suggest having important peripherals like wireless cards
attached as the installer will detect them, making less work in the
future.
	The installer also detected my built-in ethernet cards which work fine
as well. I am a relatively newcomer with Linux, and I couldn't begin to
unravel the mysteries of why net-install worked and why the usual CD
installation failed.

Greg