wput? automatic ftp login/upload?

I don't have time to go research this at the moment, so I'm going to be lazy
and ask here.

I'm writing some documentation, some of which is in CVS, but I have a
printable PDF version that I want to host myself, so as not to waste
SourceForge resources needlessly.  I'd like to build an upload of the latest
version into my document build/index/publish script, but I have no idea what
the command line equivalent of a "wput" would be.

I need to log into the FTP server with a username and password, then upload
some files, allowing them to overwrite the existing files automagically.
Hands off is strongly preferred.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>