Re: moving to the 2.6 kernel?

stan <stanb@panix.com>
> wrote: If I want to build a new Debian machine to start expolring the 2.6
> kernel what's the best way to go about this?

One easy way is to install a 2.6-kernel-image,  just do an apt-cache search
for kernel-image 2.6 <something> then use apt-get install kernel-image.  This
will get you a kernel that you can play with, or you can install the
kernel-source and build your own kernel.  This assumes your using a testing,
or sid install.  If your on woody then you most likely will need to dist
update to testing to get the files, and dependences.

If your talking about a clean install of Debian Sarge, you can use these iso's
to get a working system. http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
just choose your arch, and follow the Readme, and the Howto.  I have used RC1
of the debian-installer and everything works on my end.  Just remember to
fill out the installer report to give feed back to the installer team so we
can get closer to a final release.

Rthoreau