[Fwd: Problem in seeing web pages behind a DSL modem/router after apt-get upgrade]

I repost the message because I think the ML was down and I lost the replies.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Problem in seeing web pages behind a DSL modem/router after apt-get upgrade
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:37:32 +0200
From: Federico Munerotto <mune@ieee.org>
To: debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org

System:
local network is 192.168.1.x; a modem/router DSL which acts as gateway
let my local network to browse the internet through address translation.
Also it has a very confortable option called "virtual server" that
forward to a certain all the traffic to&from a certain port. So I made
my Debian box be http server saying that all traffic on port 80 of the
public static IP should go on port 80 of IP 192.168.1.10 (my machine).

This has worked fine until two weeks ago.
Then I dit apt-get update/upgrade.
Now when I point the  browser to my public IP I don't see my localhost
web page, but people in the internet can see it instead of the modem web
page that I see.

Does anyone know what in the upgrade might have done this?

Thanks in advance

--
Fede
       mune at ieee.org            Ing. Federico Munerotto