Linux working with/on Alphasmart Dana?

I have a device called an Alphasmart Dana. This is a wide screen Palm OS device that is marketed as a wireless writing appliance/ internet tool. It's grayscale(16 shades), has a USB port, 2 SD slots, and a IR port. Has anyone ver heard of making this device work with linux? Or even better, has anyone ever actually PUT linux on such a device? I have contacted the company and they won't even release the software needed to make the device work(modified version of Windows Palm OS Desktop) on their web site. www.alphasmart.com Any ideas from yall?

Cecil