Re: Which Spam Block List to use for a network?

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:04, Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 19 June 2004 07:50, Russell Coker wrote:
> > By far the most false-positive entries I have had are from
> > postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org and abuse.rfc-ignorant.org.  The
>
> That's because rfc-ignorant.org's lists aren't about spamming.  They are
> about domains that fail to conform to certain RFCs.  (Although I
> disagree with their listing of *.uk on the grounds that the UK registry
> allows people to withhold their private contact details from whois.)

They also list all of Australia for the same reason as listing the UK.  It
seems that whois is not worth much any more.

There is a correlation between lack of support for abuse@domain and
postmaster@domain and the domain being a rogue domain used for spam.