The boot sector and it's backup

Hi,

I just installed sarge from scratch onto a machine here and I got a message during the subsequent startuo sequence that was several screens full of 8 digit numbers followed by the message;

   "there are differences between the boot sector and it's backup"

It went on to load happily, but I don't get this on other machines and the thing was installed only half an hour prior to this.

What would cause this, and what is the correct tool to deal with it? Better would be an indication of what I should be reading to learn about this.

Can anybody advise?
  Keith O'Connell.
  Maidstone, Kent. (UK)
  kroc@blueyonder.co.uk