Re: Enabling telnet access

Paul Johnson wrote:

Paal Marker <paal@barum.folkebibl.no> writes:
I have installed telnetd, and it is running.

Why not just use ssh?  It just drops in and works, and is a lot more
flexable and secure than telnet.

Well, telnet is the default inside our network, so I wanted to stick to it. As the debian-box is inside the local nets firewall and each box has a strict local firewall, security is not a real issue.

As I am new to debian, switching from rh, I have to adapt some knowledge. But ok, I have found how to configure ssh and use it now. But it did absolutely not just drop in and work straight out of the box, I had to do some conf to get it up.