Re: Creating a backup of the system

To save and restore the list of installed packages use
	dpkg --get-selections
	dpkg --set-selections
The man page for dpkg will be useful here. From a console run
'man dpkg', or from KDE point Konqueror to '#dpkg'.

To clear /var/cache/apt/archives run
	apt-get clean
Again, here the man page for apt-get will be useful.

Cheers,
Shaun