Re: 'DriveReady SeekComplete Error' ?

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:09:44 +1200
Adam Bogacki <afb@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> ... but am not having success in mounting dvd and dmesg is giving me
> the output below
> which I can't interpret. Can someone tell me what
>
> 'DriveReady SeekComplete Error' means ?

It mostly means that some error occured after the drive had processed a
seek command and was ready again. Those errors are quite common, and
depending on the exact code can mean anything from some unsupported
drive feature being used to a complete drive failure. In your case,
check the IDE cable (try another one), see if the error occurs without
using DMA mode and if everything else fails try to get your hands on
another drive and see if that's working.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de