Re: (dvix,avi) to (svcd,vcd) script

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 06:39:02AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> Does any one has any idea of how to convert an avi to svcd or vcd? Do
> we have any scripts packaged as debs?
Try out ffmpeg or transcode. (transcode is hell but I guess their are gui
frontends avaible) I personaly prefer ffmpeg but the quality of avi->mpeg
conversion is bad if you ask me. When you've the mpeg file you can create
a bin/cue image with vcdimager.

ffmpeg is avaible from Christian Marillat
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
vcdimager is in main

In some cases it's better to compile a cvs checkout from ffmpeg with the
latest improvements.

HTH
Sven
--