Re: ndiswrapper as a module

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 09:58:22AM -0600, Marvin Gerardo Aguero Salazar wrote:
> OK. The make install displayed a line like
>
> #!/sbin/depmod -a
>
> I thought it had done. Anyway, I did so and as far as modules and
> modprobe it seem to be working.

Good!

> As far as my card being recognized, it is not.

Not so good.

> I even rebooted the machine and dmesg displays the following two lines:
>
> ndiswrapper version 0.8-rc2 loaded
> ndiswrapper adding bcmw15.sys

This looks ok, at least the driver is being loaded.

> I think it should be working by now. Anyway, back to the HOWTO again.

What does `iwconfig' tell you? Before `modprobe ndiswrapper' I have:

dfokkema@sirius:dfokkema$ sudo iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

After modprobing ndiswrapper, I have

dfokkema@sirius:dfokkema$ sudo iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462GHz  Access Point: FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          Bit Rate:11Mb/s   Tx-Power:16 dBm
          RTS thr:2347 B   Fragment thr:2346 B
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:100/100  Signal level:-10 dBm  Noise level:-256 dBm

What is your output?

> Thanks again David.

You're welcome!

> BTW, what does HTH stand for?

Hope This Helps!

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!