Re: Commercial-grade application software

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 07:02:01AM -0700, jack kinnon wrote:

>    Hi folks,
>

>    I have now a working Linux system with an acceptable GUI and a broadband link for communication, all with
>    freely available software. But without application software, they don't mean much. I'm looking for good
>    application software in the areas of hardware and software design.

There was an answer for that

>    In hardware design, I'm looking for  E-CAD for analog and digital circuit design and simulation. Does SPICE
>    run on Linux?

and that

>    In software design, I'm looking for development environment for C/C++-based programs.

kdevelop/anjuta/(x)emacs/(x)vim/...

There are a LOT of mix and match options in this direction, kdevelop
and anjuta are more MS studio like, the emacs vs. vim is a holy war
option, very different experience, very extendable and depend on a
bunch of external programs to help.

The main debugger is gdb (with lots of gui wrappers available).

compiler is gcc/g++ for just about anything.

Whats your favorite poison in this direction, say your likings and
there is probably something out there for you.