Re: Firefox 0.9

* Ken Simon <ken@ninkendo.org> [2004 Jun 15 14:27 -0500]:
> Daniel Klein wrote:
> >Hoi,
> >
> >this is my first time on debian when a new version of some program comes
> >out that I want immediately. I have firefox 0.8 installed, an apt-get
> >install mozilla-firefox tells me I have the latest version, and in my
> >apt/sources.list it says unstable after the url.. when, roughly, can I
> >expect new stuff like this to surface in unstable?
> >
> >Daniel
> >

> I'd guess a few weeks or so, since it just came out today.

Or, you can do what I do and simply download the tarball from
mozilla.org and install it and run it.  I know it's not controlled by
the packaging system but the Mozilla folks have done a great job
keeping everything in one directory plus it can be installed in your
home directory and used from there.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of