Re: Debian

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 10:51:45AM +0200, Pablo Cebrian  Piazuelo wrote:
> Please, I have installed Debian 30r2-i386 succesfully. But, when I get into the shell and I want to change to Xwindows, a message appears saying that I have Screens detected, but any can be used.
> So I can't get into the Xwindows. It seems to detect my GraficCard, and I think that it detects the screen too. but says that this one can't be used.
> I have done dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86, but it don't helps me a lot.
> please contact me, and help me with this installation.

This is not necessarily the graphic card, no usable screens found can
result from other errors also and is misleading.

If you can post the file /var/log/XFree86.0.log this is the log file
for starting X and it may show where the error is. Also post
~/.xsession-errors if it exists.

One other thing, to rule out a problem that sometimes appears and
results with this error, see that you have a link /dev/mouse, if not
then as root do
ln -s psaux /dev/mouse
and see if that helps.