Re: Controlling services

Pau Novella writes:
> If you're using kde there's a nice interface to deal with that:
> sysV-init editor

The only place apt-cache finds the string "sysV-init" is in the description
of the runit package, which is a replacement for sysvinit.  Is there a
binary by this name somewhere in KDE?

Jacob Friis Larsen wrote:
> How do I control which services I would like to have running at each
> runlevel?

toncho/~ 1 apt-cache show sysvconfig
Package: sysvconfig
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 144
Maintainer: John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.9
Depends: dialog
Filename: pool/main/s/sysvconfig/sysvconfig_0.9_all.deb
Size: 23238
MD5sum: 664c44dea1e4a81c372af9571982dcfa
 It provides extensive explanations at each step.
 Some features supported by sysvconfig are:
  - Enable or disable services.
  - Edit init links.
  - Restore from backup file if you make a mistake.
  - Menu or command line interface.
  - View all services, each with its status and a brief description.
 Sysvconfig also installs a 'service' script much like that found on
 Red Hat systems.

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org