Problems running firestarter

 Hello,

 I"m running a woody sytem and have a dial up connection with a 56k USR modem. I"ve installed firestarter through apt-get. So I started firestater, passed through the
wizard, but whenever the firewall starts, all my network is blocked, can"t even browse! I"ve chosen the default values for the wizard, interface ppp0, no DHCP (also tried with DHCP on), No services running on machine, etc.. And I"m absolutely sure that the modem is using the ppp0 interface.. so what could be wrong here? I'm running kernel 2.4.18 and iptables 1.2.9-9. I noticed also that when I run firestarter, there's an error message about hosts/network, something like that related with iptables. Please someone help me!

 Thomas Beresford