Re: OT: How easy is it to break GnuPG if you have the Private Key?

On Sunday 13 June 2004 15:30, William Ballard wrote:

> Assuming I have a good sized key with a really, really good
> passphrase, how easy will it be to crack GnuPG encryption if the
> cracker has access to the Private Key?

My understanding is that the private keyring file contains the result of
encrypting your private key with a hash of the passphrase, so cracking
the private key is basically a question of cracking the passphrase.
How good is your passphrase?

You might want to ask this question in the comp.security.pgp.discuss
newsgroup.