Re: Please advise me...

That's true, maybe I have then choosen the worng words. More what I wanted to say is, that the value the ThinkPads had to me was never decreasing much. They are good working tools and they stay it. Battery lifetime usually sucks at some point, but that is more or less all.

On the other hand, bought my TP 600 for about 550 euro, sold my TP 770 for 430 euro, used the TP 600 for about two years, sold it for 250 euro (ok, that is about -25%/year), got the TP T20 for 390 euro (so I invested about 140 euro after two years of using it and got an upgrade of factor 2 in processing power). In this sense the option IBM is comparable cheap if one doesn't wantto stay at the bleeding edge. Since IBM ThinkPads are mechanical very trustworthy machines one doesn't take big risk buying them used nore is the risk big, that after a few years one canot sell them anymore. In this sense they are for me investments (in a way). And plain relyable working toosl...

- Martin