Re: Newbie firewall for Sarge

On 11 Jun 2004, Mike Chandler wrote:
> On Friday 11 June 2004 07:30 pm, John Fleming wrote:
> > Is there anything analagous to pmfirewall in Sarge (2.6 kernel)?  I
> > downloaded pmfirewall because I was familiar with it, but it's not
> > compatible with the 2.6 kernel.  I need something newbie-easy that I can
> > configure remotely.  Thanks - John
>
> Hi,
> I was pointed to 'firestarter' and it does seem to work well, using sarge with
> 2.6.6 kernel.

Shorewall seems to work well and is pretty easy to set up. It has an
active mailing list in which Tom Eastep, who is the originator and
maintainer of shorewall, participates regularly (though he doesn't
suffer foolish questions gladly).

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic