Re: ssh delays and drops

Antonio Rodriguez <arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com> writes:

> I have been noticing lately some significant delays in my ssh
> connections when I log in from work.

Try using keepalives.  If it makes it better, problem solved, don't
worry about it (I don't know why, but some cable and DSL networks seem
to drop quiet connections after a while.  Mine does this, you'd think in
a city of two million people at the heart of the silicon forest, there'd
be more than one reasonably priced high speed provider).  If it makes it
worse, start troubleshooting for packet loss.

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>