Re: Best Window Manager for the Job

James W. Thompson, II wrote:

I am working on building a web browsing kiosk, no other functionality
with Debian. I am planning to use FireFox and was wondering about the
best Window Manager for the job. Here is the biggest catch, the system
is old.

+ Pentium 233MHz
+ 32MB RAM (Going to try and upgrade it to 64MB if we can find a stick)
+ 2 GB Hard Drive
+ 3Com 3c509 NIC
+ ATI 3D Rage Graphics
+ CD-ROM and Floppy

Debian installed with no problems as a minimal install but I want to
have some kind of idea of where I am going. To be honest, I have never
configured a system for quite this purpose. I have two accounts on the
machine: root and user. I am wanting to use a graphical login and
would like for FireFox to launch automatically on loading into X. Do I
even need a Window Manager really since I just want FireFox to load
and run and nothing else will need to be there.
No need to run a wm at all. I'm not sure how to set it up for all users, but for any one user, just set the ~/.xinitrc to have the single line in it "mozilla-firefox".

--
Kent