Re: browsers: was: Console only box?

Parts of the site I could navigate and parts I couldn't, but the same thing happens to me with many sites with links. I said that lynx works for me for a lot of things, that it isn't "useless" to me. I search, find, download and shop every day with lynx and, though I certainly would like to see javascript implemented, I can do most of what I want to do. Links2 gets some of the javascript but it chokes in plenty of places for various reasons also. If you don't find lynx useful for your needs, I have no problem with that; you can use whatever you like. People should use whatever they find useful for their needs. As for me, I will continue to use lynx and links2 and sometimes edbrowse and elinks and whatever else is out there, and as accessibility becomes better probably Mozilla, though I'd rather work in console. all of these are tools for me for different tasks; it isn't a matter of "proving" what's best for everybody. I'm not going to tell a newbie I work with NOT to use lynx because it's useless, and especially not a blind person; I'm going to present all the tools that are available and explain the strengths and weaknesses as I have experienced them and let the person develop his/her own preferences.

--
Cheryl