Re: saving iptables rules?

Ralph Crongeyer wrote:

How does one save iptables rules in Debian "Unstable/SID"? I've tried iptables-save and get some output with no errors, but when I reboot all my rules are gone? Is there a "Debian way" of doing this? Rather than write my own startup script I want to find out if there's a standard way of doing this. I haven't been successful looking on GOOGLE.

If you dont have the init scripts (which are apparently deprecated) I think the rules aren't automatically restored on reboot. In Testing at least there are some notes in /usr/share/doc/iptables/README.Debian.gz that show how to do it using ifupdown, which doesn't quite seem right to me unless you have seperate per-interface rules, but on a single interface box I suppose it doesnt matter.
.