RE: ccing

> Incoming from Cheryl Homiak:
> > I agree that it's irritating to get duplicate messages.
> However, it's
> > often not that the person deliberately did a cc. At least
> in Pine, I
> > often
>
> The usual reply to this is submit a bug report.  If it came
> from a list, the reply should go to the list.  If you want to
> reply to the author, that should take manual intervention.
> In the meantime, switch to something that does it right, mutt for one.

Most email clients will act this way (i.e. Thunderbird, Pine, Outlook*)
because the person that sent the email to the list is in the "From" field
and I don't see the "Reply-To" field being set by the listserv. Some
listservs will also rewrite the "From" so that even clients that ignore the
"Reply-To" will reply to the list. It will then appear something like "From:
debain-users@lists.debian.org on behalf of so-and-so". How does mutt know to
reply to the email address in the "To" field and not the "From" field
without user intervention?

--David

*I'm forced to use this at work :(