Re: For how long can packages stay in the NEW queue

Hello!

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 02:24:03PM +0200, Mads Lindstrøm wrote:
> After reading this bugreport:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=mono-assemblies-arch
>
> I wondered for how long packages can stay in the NEW
> queue. Can anybody give me an answer to that question?
>
> And why does it stay there and not go into unstable?

Please see chapter 5.6.6 of the Debian Developer's Reference at
<http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs#s-upload-notification>:

"In other cases, notably new packages, placing the uploaded package
into the distribution is handled manually. When uploads are handled
manually, the change to the archive may take up to a month to occur.
Please be patient."

Certainly it might even take longer, depending on time available...

HTH,
Flo